Horticulture is a limb of plant agriculture which involves garden crops that assemble food and medicinal ingredients or the ingredients that assemble for comfort and ornamental uses.
Floriculture, commonly known as flower farming is the class of growing and retailing flowers and vegetation plants. Floriculture comprises farming of flowering and ornamental plants for direct sale or for adoption as raw materials in cosmetic and perfume industry, comprising the pharmaceutical sector.
Branches of Floriculture:
- Bedding Plants: These are plants that bloom every year that have been enhanced for the purpose of flower beds outdoors. Initially, the seeds are sowed indoors during the off-season and the implanting of the plants later in the blooming season.
- Hanging Plants: These plants which hang in baskets, may be annual or perennial. For example, a flowering or foliage rose in adorning pots and slinging by attractive ropes from the balcony.
- Potted Plants: These plants are worthy for interior use in homes or offices and even small gardens.
- Dried Plants: Floral Drying is done by the use of several preservatives. These dried flowers are utilized for the decorations on different occasions.
- Cut Flowers: These are blossoming flowers or flower shoots that are cut including their roots, branches and leaves for decoration purpose and bouquets. These are splitted into duplet- fresh cut flowers and non – fresh cut flowers. Fresh cut flowers consist of Sunflowers, lilies, orchids, roses and many more. Non – fresh cut flowers consist of preserved flowers.
Floriculture as Business
Floriculture is a well blooming industry in India. Usually, the flowers are transported to the wholesale yards. Later it is distributed to the local shops which are usually located on-road side stalls showcasing different flowers in different baskets and beautiful bouquets. In some well-developed cities, there are florist showrooms which have considerable features for controlled temperature conditions; this grabs attention to value added service. The flowers are arranged or assembled in bamboo baskets, wooden cartons, jute bags or are simply wrapped in old newspapers; further they are imported and exported by several means. Sometimes, the flowers are exported in refrigerated cargos and precooled chambers, cold stores, etc.
Online Floral Delivery
Several websites and stores deliver floral bouquets and same day flower delivery singapore to the doorsteps. The flowers are decorated in different articles and objects, and then transported. The dried flowers can also be delivered.
The advantages are as follows:
- Customised and beautiful arrangement of flowers for several occasions
- Availing Best Offers
- Provide same-day delivery services
- No insufficiency
- Less Time Consumption
- Your flowers are chooseable